shoot me and the blogger app to!
i just lost my recent posts.
so to make it up a little, i'll make a short recap.
as it was a nice warm Friday night, we opted to take a midnight ride.
there's nothing better than driving in the middle of the night through the silent countryside.
no traffic just calm and open roads. try it and enjoy!
although the project has been idle for over a year i started building Toxic in cafe racer style.
the initial plan was a dual front head setup, but time and money made that idea go in the drawer for now.
so the engine could be rebuild in "normal" setup again, with some minor head work.
also minor fuck ups are part of the game...
i forgot to put the bolt back that connects the head to the frame.. and with the engine build i can;t put the bolt back.. so the engine has to come out.
cams back in, and these cams are why the '87 evo sportster is faster than his newer brothers.(including 1200's) the cams have bigger lift on the exhaust compared to later models. in and out have the same lift and duration.
i also made up some handlebars of crap i had laying around.
also i changed the tank plan, the same tank will be used but i took the easy route.
from this idea: (which would give me almost 27 liters of fuel) (and a great way to fuck up a big sheet of stainless metal when you ditch it)
to the easy way out which will give me 19 liters of fuel:
and yups, there is a fuel sender laying around.
and after many thoughts i'll go with this taillight setup, it has running, braking and indicator lights all in one.
peter pan has a white bike since he liked daddy cool so much.
and we opted to ride our white bikes and make some pictures of the white thunder and bee.
Daddy not so cool.
Daddy Cool had a sticking valve. but as always it managed to limp back to the Garage.
with an awful rattling noise and no power from the front cylinder...
after opening the front head i suspected to see hell with bend valve stems, shot pistons and damaged cylinders..
i was in luck! valve stems were straight as an arrow, the intake valve just slightly brushed the piston and did no damage.
so i did some work on the guides, lobbed the valves and seats cleaned the whole shabang up, closed the head again and ride like hell again..
that should do the trick for your update needs!
o yeah... i have a little weekend trip ahead of me with the digger. normally i'll tie my stuff to the back seat, but this will be a 2-up trip, so i have a human on the back seat instead of my stuff..
so i have to figure something out to carry all the stuff..